You are missing our premiere tool bar navigation system! Register and use it for FREE!

Author: dmxrPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

So can I just use the color codes in the themes.php without using a css style sheet ?

Author: telliPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Maybe you didn't understand what I meant. The $bgcolor1, $bgcolor2, and $bgcolor3 are mainly used for special instances within a module for instance as a table background color. Because module writers cannot depend on the fact that there will be a row class or a row1 class so that way we know those can be used. You need both unless you preconfigure your themes to do something else.

Author: dmxrPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

the light bulb flickers Smile , I see now

<--- cadet Smile

Nuke Cops -> Post Installation Help

All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Powered by phpBB © 2001,2002 phpBB Group
NukeCops  
•  Home •  Downloads •  Gallery •  Your Account •  Forums • 

Author: milkdaddyLocation: Cape Town - South AfricaPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

of course. you need to edit your theme.php in your themes folder.

Author: milkdaddyLocation: Cape Town - South AfricaPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

or paste your theme.php code here, are you using sunset?

Author: dmxrPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

THat is tricky actually . There are severals areas to look . First the CSS style sheet . look for anything that says background color bgcolor and start messing with that . The next is in the Theme.php , you will see 2 or 3 different background color at the top of the page .

The best way I found to learn how to change stuff is to mess around and do forum searches . And only ifI cannot find a answer or clue I would post in the forum. Google is good search engine but I prefer Hotbot .

Hope you can figure it out Very Happy

Author: shrek_rockPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

Sometimes it's also defined in the header.html if there is one.

http://www.western-studios.com

Author: dmxrPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

Why is the background color defined in some many different areas , Isn't this defeating the purpose of a CSS style sheet ? Just seems like wasted space if your going to define all these things in different areas .

Author: shrek_rockPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

It depends on the person creating the theme. The best place is to define everything in the style sheet.

Author: telliPostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Come on , someone help

Readme First
- Readme First! -

Read and follow the rules, otherwise your posts will be closed
Modules
· Home
· FAQ
· Buy a Theme
· Advertising
· AvantGo