You are missing our premiere tool bar navigation system! Register and use it for FREE!

NukeCops  
•  Home •  Downloads •  Gallery •  Your Account •  Forums • 
Readme First
- Readme First! -

Read and follow the rules, otherwise your posts will be closed
Modules
· Home
· FAQ
· Buy a Theme
· Advertising
· AvantGo
· Bookmarks
· Columbia
· Community
· Donations
· Downloads
· Feedback
· Forums
· PHP-Nuke HOWTO
· Private Messages
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Theme Gallery
· Topics
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 226 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Nuke Cops :: View topic - Security Image Not Showing [ ]
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •   •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile •    •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jester
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still can't get the security code image to show. I've removed the spaces at the end of the config file, I've checked the images and I've checked with analyzer.php that GD supports jpeg (which it does, GD is also version 2.0). Are there no other solutions to this problem? The site is hosted on a webhotel running linux. When I set up phpnuke on my private linux server, everything works perfectly. Need some feedback on this please. Sad

General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you also made sure there are no blank lines after the language file that you are using, or any other file you have edited that gets included prior to the security image routine being called (like mainfile)? That is 99% of the times the problem if GD is loaded.

Jester
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The two language files was clean, but the mainfile had one extra line. Removed it but it's still not working. Do I really have to go through _every_ single php file that comes with phpnuke to try and eliminate this "bug". Since I have to do all the editing via a web control panel it will mean alot of work.

General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try this option, but make a backup of your files and database tables first.

Raven
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To help you further I will need to look at your site setup. If you are interested, please PM me your

ftp url, id, password
site url, id, password
phpMyAdmin url, id, password

In addition, please restate what the problem is. Include also your YIM, AIM, or ICQ id

Jester
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

chatserv wrote:
Try this option, but make a backup of your files and database tables first.

Thanks alot! This mod removed the security code image option and login works perfectly Very Happy

General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's settings can be adjusted through admin/preferences

lea
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,
I have done everything listed above and I have installed the security image option as well, but I can still see where the image is possible to be in the users login section. The admin section shows up the image.
I have gone to the admin section and deactived all images. I don't seem to be able to get rid of the security images. I have checked the GD version and it is only 1.6 that is why I have tried to turned the images off. I have emailed the server to see if they will upgrade it for me.
Any other ideas???
I am going nuts!!!
Find all posts by leaView user's profileSend private message
sumo664
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have an interesting variant on the 'no security image problem'.

If a normal user arrives at the site then the security image shows a blank. An admin who calls admin.php can log on ok because a security image is visible. here is the interesting bit.... he can now also see the user login security code......

Any thoughts or at least suggestions as to where i should start looking?

Just to let everyone know I fixed the problem.

For some reason I had set 'Your account' to registered users only..... changing this instantly cured the problem.... doh!
Find all posts by sumo664View user's profileSend private message
KritonUK
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, my website www.thechosenmen.co.uk has been running nuke 6.5 since it came out, and so far i havent had any problems.
Yesterday a friend tried to register...it all went fine until he hit the activation link in the email, when he got an error saying there was "no user with this information in the database"

On the site, it showed him as the last registered user, and he appeared in the database with all his information all present and correct.

Now he cant see the security graphic, no matter what he does...refresh, delete cookies and internet files, restart, ive even deleted his account....

All of this to no avail...ive searched several help forums and cant find anyone with a similar problem

Can anyone tell me what the problem is, and even better how to fix it please??

Help would be much appreciated.
Find all posts by KritonUKView user's profileSend private message
OBrian_CO
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well..... i have found out somthing interesting with the " No sec. image "...

Mine was also gone, after i had made some adjustments.... I went throu all the stuff i had done that day. Found the blank line in a block. Not in the php files... but in a block i have made as an Admin on the page.

I had tried to make a link in one of the blocks throu admin panel, and had left out a single emty line, when removing the link. Therefore the sec. image would not show. If you want to make a space in the end of a block... then use
Code:
<br>
instead.
Find all posts by OBrian_COView user's profileSend private message
Raven
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would do it, because a blank line outside of php code tells the output buffer to start writing to the browser. Once writing has begun, the header() routine for the image can no longer write to the browser.

EML
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn`t want to start a new topic about this security image ,but i hope someone reply to this.I read almost all topics about it ,but cant fix it.I have the same problem,that everything needed for security code to display is installed ,but it isnt show for me and i cant even continue to install the php nuke.I try to disable it ,but then i cant login.Please someone help.My analyse.php is at: http://enn.dyn.ee/analyze.php
Find all posts by EMLView user's profileSend private message
Raven
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Verify that there are no blank lines after the closing ?> in config.php.
Verify that there are no blank lines after the closing ?> in your language file.
Since you are on IIS You need to apply the Header() fix described in the Welcome Announcement in the Forum Index.

If you have control over your php.ini file, you need to adjust these 2 settings:
error_reporting = E_ALL &~ E_NOTICE
output_buffering = On
Then restart IIS.

Otherwise contact your host and ask them to make the changes. If after these changes it still does not work, please post back and we can try some other things. Also, make sure that your 2 images were transfered (ftp'd) using binary and not ascii mode.

EML
Nuke Cadet
Nuke Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 5:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you Raven for very fast reply .I did all you said and everything is working fine now. Laughing
Thank you !!!

PS! Only where the image doesn`t show is analyse.php ,but that is not important i think Rolling Eyes
Find all posts by EMLView user's profileSend private message
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic