You are missing our premiere tool bar navigation system! Register and use it for FREE!

NukeCops  
•  Home •  Downloads •  Gallery •  Your Account •  Forums • 
Readme First
- Readme First! -

Read and follow the rules, otherwise your posts will be closed
Modules
· Home
· FAQ
· Buy a Theme
· Advertising
· AvantGo
· Bookmarks
· Columbia
· Community
· Donations
· Downloads
· Feedback
· Forums
· PHP-Nuke HOWTO
· Private Messages
· Search
· Statistics
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Theme Gallery
· Topics
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 342 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Nuke Cops :: View topic - More IPs for your banning pleasure [ ]
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •   •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile •    •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
allevon
Site Mod
Site Mod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And more pond scum hacking homo fags to add to the ever growing list of the worlds gayest and most retarded life forms on this planet:

Code:

ALL: 216.62.168.250 : DENY
ALL: 201.129.201.154 : DENY
ALL: 68.148.32.171 : DENY
ALL: 68.158.32.241 : DENY

Find all posts by allevonView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
gadji
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

here's another one for you. Just got hacked last night.

Find all posts by gadjiView user's profileSend private message
bplinson
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ummmm...I believe this is a private network IP.

Find all posts by bplinsonView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
gadji
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is registered to IANA.org. They've apparently had problems in the past with people using ip addresses belonging to them to hack sites. Just thought i'd make everyone aware of it so that it doesn't happen to them.
bplinson
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

allevon wrote:
And more pond scum hacking homo fags to add to the ever growing list of the worlds gayest and most retarded life forms on this planet:

Code:

ALL: 216.62.168.250 : DENY
ALL: 201.129.201.154 : DENY
ALL: 68.148.32.171 : DENY
ALL: 68.158.32.241 : DENY

This post brings up something that has been bothering me ever since I saw the new BAN-IP function of 7.4 and that is... what good is the Ban IP function if the IP addresses you have listed above are dynamic? There is no way of telling if the IP addresses you are banning are dynamic or static.

All you have done is stopped the bad guys for a little while until their ISP or whatever network they are on issues a new IP address. Adn do you really think that the bad guys don't have access to other systems with other IP addresses?

So by arbitrarily banning single IP addresses you could, within a day or two, actually be banning legitmate friendly traffic.

I am using PROTECTOR on my site to help with stopping the bad guys and banning users that don't like to play by my rules.

I know that it is not a 100% solution but it is 1000% better than the BAN-IP function of 7.4 which is a joke. To me this module is like trying to stop a tank with a pea shooter.

Would'nt it be nice if we could ban by MAC addresss???

Find all posts by bplinsonView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
gadji
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"Would'nt it be nice if we could ban by MAC addresss???"

oh yes. That would be about the best way to do it.
snakey
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, I'll try this, but couldn't it be easier to make a downloadable file for this?

And also, how about dynamic IP's? I know my ISP gives us dynamic addesses, so, what if I'm fucked, what if I suddenly have an IP that has been blocked, I'll obviously can not access my site.
Find all posts by snakeyView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
allevon
Site Mod
Site Mod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I use a dynamic IP and never got blocked because I dont hack and spam so it'll never come up. My recommendation is, if you think your on the list, check first. secondly, i dont have time to make a file for you and I REALLY want to publicly make this list available here in hopes of exposing them and humiliating them and finally INSULTING them. When you search the net for their IP, this thread comes up. tee hee.

Find all posts by allevonView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
snakey
Private
Private

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You don't need to make that file for me, I have already made it, and put it on my server, does it matter where I place it? I didn't put it in the root, but in
/home/snakey/

so its /home/snakey/Host.Deny

I have ssh access, and I'm n00b in this (telnet/ssh), so do you know what command I need to use to put it in root?

Also, I don't really think I'm on that list, cause I don't spam, or hack, but the ISP gives us sometimes different IP's, so what if someone hacked and/or spammed and he (his IP) has been blocked. And I get that IP?
Find all posts by snakeyView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website
allevon
Site Mod
Site Mod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My IP gets cycled all the time and I have never had a problem and Ive been doing this for a long time. So I wouldnt worry, worst comes to worst, call your ISP and tell them to delete the file then upload your list without your current IP on it.

snakey, your putting it in the wrong file. thats too far forward. it should be: /etc/host.deny thats it.

allevon
Site Mod
Site Mod

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have cleaned this out because SOME BOHRING Asshole assumes its his thread for a Rainbow Brite war of his stupid opinions. Got a Rainbow Brite problem? tough deal with it. Stay the xxx on the subject or hit the bricks. I dont enjoy spending my time debating Rainbow Brite. You either use the tool and stay on topic in this thread, or Im gonna clean the posts out. And dont give me none of that ZX Spin stuff. Its not. I spent two Rainbow Brite hours off topic and dont need people saying they cant find certain info because they have to trudge through Rainbow Brite posts. Got it? good!

bplinson
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The chances of you being banned from a site if you have DHCP address is EXTREMLY low.

Snakey, there is no reason for you to make a hosts.deny list unless you are sure that the IP addesses are static. I am pretty sure that your ISP is not gonna let you put your host.deny file in the /etc directory of their server as it would affect ALL websites on the server.

Last edited by bplinson on Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
snakey
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The server I have is a VPS, its from dinix.com. FTP doesn't have root access, only ssh. So whats the ssh-command to move a file Embarassed .
If I can see this site: http://www.allevontech.com/ , then I think I'm not on the list Razz .
bplinson
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

cp hosts.deny /etc

snakey
Private
Private

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, it worked Very Happy
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic