You are missing our premiere tool bar navigation system! Register and use it for FREE!

Author: gadjiPostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject:

"Would'nt it be nice if we could ban by MAC addresss???"

oh yes. That would be about the best way to do it.

Author: snakeyPostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject:

Hi, I'll try this, but couldn't it be easier to make a downloadable file for this?

And also, how about dynamic IP's? I know my ISP gives us dynamic addesses, so, what if I'm fucked, what if I suddenly have an IP that has been blocked, I'll obviously can not access my site.

Author: allevonLocation: New JerseyPostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject:

I use a dynamic IP and never got blocked because I dont hack and spam so it'll never come up. My recommendation is, if you think your on the list, check first. secondly, i dont have time to make a file for you and I REALLY want to publicly make this list available here in hopes of exposing them and humiliating them and finally INSULTING them. When you search the net for their IP, this thread comes up. tee hee.

Author: snakeyPostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: More IPs for your banning pleasure

You don't need to make that file for me, I have already made it, and put it on my server, does it matter where I place it? I didn't put it in the root, but in
/home/snakey/

so its /home/snakey/Host.Deny

I have ssh access, and I'm n00b in this (telnet/ssh), so do you know what command I need to use to put it in root?

Also, I don't really think I'm on that list, cause I don't spam, or hack, but the ISP gives us sometimes different IP's, so what if someone hacked and/or spammed and he (his IP) has been blocked. And I get that IP?

Author: allevonLocation: New JerseyPostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject:

My IP gets cycled all the time and I have never had a problem and Ive been doing this for a long time. So I wouldnt worry, worst comes to worst, call your ISP and tell them to delete the file then upload your list without your current IP on it.

snakey, your putting it in the wrong file. thats too far forward. it should be: /etc/host.deny thats it.

Author: allevonLocation: New JerseyPostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I have cleaned this out because SOME BOHRING Asshole assumes its his thread for a Rainbow Brite war of his stupid opinions. Got a Rainbow Brite problem? tough deal with it. Stay the xxx on the subject or hit the bricks. I dont enjoy spending my time debating Rainbow Brite. You either use the tool and stay on topic in this thread, or Im gonna clean the posts out. And dont give me none of that ZX Spin stuff. Its not. I spent two Rainbow Brite hours off topic and dont need people saying they cant find certain info because they have to trudge through Rainbow Brite posts. Got it? good!

Author: bplinsonPostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject:

The chances of you being banned from a site if you have DHCP address is EXTREMLY low.

Snakey, there is no reason for you to make a hosts.deny list unless you are sure that the IP addesses are static. I am pretty sure that your ISP is not gonna let you put your host.deny file in the /etc directory of their server as it would affect ALL websites on the server.

Last edited by bplinson on Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Author: snakeyPostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: More IPs for your banning pleasure

The server I have is a VPS, its from dinix.com. FTP doesn't have root access, only ssh. So whats the ssh-command to move a file Embarassed .
If I can see this site: http://www.allevontech.com/ , then I think I'm not on the list Razz .

Author: bplinsonPostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject:

cp hosts.deny /etc

Author: snakeyPostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: More IPs for your banning pleasure

Thank you, it worked Very Happy

Nuke Cops -> Nuke Security